Αρχαίοι Λουσοί - Ancient Loussoi
Ancient Lousoi was in the past one of the largest settlements of Azania (as northwestern Arcadia’s surroundings of Kleitora, was called) with a Pan-Hellenic sanctuary, stretched on the western foothills of Lucius mountain or Prophet Elias, in the valley of Soudena. The actual position of the church and the city was first to identify the archaeologist G. Papandreou in 1886. From the early of the 20th century the Austrian Archaeological Institute systematically excavated the ancient city. In its market have come to light the Doric temple of Artemis day or DAY (Artemis who tames) built in the early 3rd century BC in a completely odd design, relics of geometric, older temple of the goddess, the parliament, the fountain and the porch. Just below was found an important Hellenistic house with a central courtyard, while excavated even more below another important temple and a stoa in the location 'Stadium'. The citadel of the ancient city was discovered a few years ago but has not been excavated yet. Because the area surrounding the ancient town has preserved its ancient form it has been declared the whole place as an archaeological site in order to avoid violent changes of the landscape.