At the northernmost edge of the plateau of Rakitas, Panachaiko mountain is excavated in 1979 a Late Geometric church (late 8th century BC). The temple was dedicated to the goddess Artemis had dimensions of 35 x 11 meters and is located next to the ancient road leading from Aigio to Arcadia by Leontius, Kalavryta, Lucia. In ancient times the thatched roof was replaced with tile roof and columns were made of wood. Agia Lavra The monastery of Agia Lavra has connected his name with the struggle of the national revolution since there Palaion Patron Germanos raised the banner of revolt in 1821. Located 5.5 miles southwest of Kalavrita, according to tradition was founded in 961 by Agiorite Eugene. Originally built 300 m. above the point where today, the so-called Palaiomonastiro. The monastery was burned many times by the conquerors: in 1585, 1826, 1827 by the Turks and in 1943 by the Germans. It was an important center of preparation of the revolution. In 1828 it will be rebuilt. The last reconstruction is completed in 1955. The monastery is full of relics: the banner of the Revolution, crafted in Izmir in the 16th century, donated to the Mega Spileo (Great Cave) in 1737. It bears a representation of the Assumption and was the curtain of the Gate of the temple. There are also the Gospel donated by Catherine II of Russia, from Smyrna the epitaph, the image of St. George embroider in Istanbul, ancient Byzantine icons, the skull of St. Alexios and 3,000 volumes in the library.